One of Falls Church’s best attributes is the plethora of excellent schools in the city. Today, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best public and private schools in the area.
Public schools in Falls Church, VA
Falls Church is served by the local school district, Falls Church City Public Schools(FCCP.) It is one of the seven K-12 school districts in the United States that offer the International Baccalaureate system.
Just recently, FCCP was given the 2018 Virginia Index of Performance (VIP) Board of Education Excellence award for the school district’s outstanding performance and curriculum. It is the only school district in the state to receive such an honor.
FCCP mostly serves students who live in and around Falls Church. All of the schools ran by the school district are located within the city.
- Jessie Thackrey Preschool offers a “developmentally appropriate preschool experience,” with programs designed to cater to students age 2 to 5 years. They recently added a curriculum for children with learning disabilities, making Jessie Thackrey Preschool more inclusive than ever.
- Mount Daniel Elementary serves Kindergarten to first graders in their campus located at North Oak Street. Their school mascot is Danny the Hippo.
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary is for students from the 2nd to the 5th grade. The school offers the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
- Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School is another one of FCCP’s International Baccalaureate World Schools, offering the Middle Years Programme. Students in the 6th to 8th grades are welcome to enroll.
- George Mason High School is renowned as the 2nd best high school in Virginia and the 157th in the country according to U.S. New’s Best High Schools review. Students at George Mason High have the option to earn either a Standard Diploma or Advanced Studies Diploma. Furthermore, George Mason High also offers the IB Diploma Programme.
Falls Church High School, which is located in the city, is not part of FCCP. Instead, it is ran by the Fairfax County Public Schools.
Private schools in Falls Church
In addition to its reputable public schools, Falls Church is home to a handful of private institutions. These include:
- Congressional School is a private school that serves students from preschool to eighth grade. They also have a dedicated program for infants and toddlers. Congressional School’s campus is a sprawling, 40-acre facility.
- Falls Church Episcopal Day School was established in 1963 and is run by the local Episcopal church. The Day School offers a variety of programs designed for kids as young as eighteen months through Kindergarten.
- Trinity School at Meadow View is a National Blue Ribbon private school that serves students from 7th grade through 12th grade. It is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an Exemplary High Performing School.
- Grace Christian Academy is a K4-8th grade private school that was established in 1973. Its core curriculum is Bible-based, with essentials such as social studies, math, foreign languages, and science included in their programs.
Falls Church, VA real estate is worth it
Learn more about houses for sale in Falls Church, VA today! Just get in touch with us by phone (571-317-1149) or by e-mail (harley(at)harleyrealtorgroup(dotted)com). We look forward to hearing from you!